Job Title: Landscape Installation
The Landscape Installer is responsible for installation of plant material and hardscapes by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with unloading of work trucks and delivery trucks.
- Assist with site set up of plant materials, bulk and bagged products, etc.
- Maintain job site staging area clean and organized.
- Assist in keeping the job site tidy, organized and safe.
- Responsible for working with other crew members effectively and reasonably as expected.
- Must meet all criteria required to operate a vehicle such as meeting the driving record standards.
- Must be familiar with plants, insects and diseases common to the area.
- Must follow proper planting procedures at all times (ex. Proper bed preparation, planting heights, plant placement, grading, pruning, mulching, dumping procedures, etc.)
- Required to process proper paperwork such as logs, purchase receipts, work orders, etc.
- Required to discuss and familiarize yourself with clients, and ensure their needs are met from beginning to end of job.
- Present and maintain a professional image for your company.
- Must use tools appropriately and for the job they are made for.
- Use all installation tools according to company safety policy.
- Comply with company safety policy at all times
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NO
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- OR one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and write routine correspondence including work orders. Ability to speak effectively with customers and/or employees of organization.
- Must have mathematical competence at least 12th grade level. Ability to use basic measurement devices such as tape measures and rulers and ability to perform calculations involving counting, adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying.
COMPUTER SKILLS: No Skills Required.
- Able to interpret written and verbal instructions and apply to company situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have a clear driving record upon hire and maintain during employment.
- Must have a current ONLA certification OR must obtain within 18 months of hire.
- Must obtain the skid-steer certification within 60 days of hire as well as obtaining approval from the warehouse manager / mechanic in the operation of the skid-steer.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Be able to reach overhead.
- Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Be able to lift 75 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Therefore all safety precautions must be adhered by.
How to apply:
You may apply in person at our office Monday-Friday from 8:00am-3:00pm.
1354 US Route 50
Milford, OH 45150
To inquire about our current opportunities, or with questions, please contact us at